Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello there bloggers,
Roz Raskin here. I'm a RIC Women's Studies major super interested in media literacy especially when concerned with music and popular culture.
My orginial plan for my future in high school invloved me going to SUNY Purchase in NY and majoring in environmental science. But, I decided to apply to RIC when I thought that the band I was in at the time was going to last forever. Of course, a few months into my first semester RIC the band broke up.
After the initial break up, I decided that I was going to make my decision to stay in RI entirely worthwhile. I started my own band, Roz Raskin and the Rice Cakes my freshman year and shortly after developed an interest in gender studies which led me to my Women's Studies major. Ever since, I've been extremely happy with the way things have turned out. I am currently teaching piano, taking the classes I really want to be taking, and playing in the band I love

My band just finished raising over $2000 to film a music video using a website called Kickstarter, a fundraising website. Here's the Kickstarter video our friend Paul Medeiros filmed.

2 comments:

  1. It is kinda fun to see your old posts here as well... totally relevant context for what we are doing!!

    ReplyDelete