Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First day!

Today was such a great start to this kind of workshop. Lesley, I really think you have a way of getting people extremely excited about media analysis, it's contagious.
I like the small group. It is one of the first experiences I've had in a class room where every person speaks. It's almost silly to say, but I talk a lot in most of my classes, especially when I'm surrounded by silent students who can't wait to leave. But, with all of you, I feel so intellectually stimulated because I feel like we all truly care about the issues and ideas we are discussing. That makes learning fun.
I think it's important that we all come from such diverse backgrounds and met for the first time in this class. We all are currently in very different professions which allows for a plethora of insight even if we often share similar ideas. I think all of our perspectives combined will bring about some amazing analysis of the various texts we will be looking at throughout the course.
Sorry this was written so late! I played a show in MA, just got home. Yes, it's 3am.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%, this class rocks because everyone is vocal & Leslie is the bomb diggy! lol

    ReplyDelete